Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Here's Carin's quilt

Here's Carin's quilt

 Carin brought her quilt over so I could get photos of it.  I'm not sure why I don't have any in my file but...so it is.  This one was pieced with her favorite colors - ORANGE - and then hand quilted by me.  Her niece Emily must be taking a little after Aunt Carin with that favorite color!!  There's NO LABEL on her quilt either - man, do I have to get better at that!!
Now all three of my daughters have something I hand quilted.  I love hand quilting!! It's so restful and peaceful to me.  My thanks goes out to Jean Adkins for starting me out.  My first is a Dresden Plate - pieces of each plate were machine sewn and then I appliqued each Plate to the background fabric.  The fabrics are dusty greens, mauves, cremes, my choices of the day.  HOWEVER,  I must do another for myself from my TODAY colors which would all be BRIGHT and HAPPY!!

I'll add photos of that quilt when I get to it!!

Amanda's and Zach's quilts are coming along.  I finished sewing together the first 6 rows of Zach's today - but I must stop for today as my hubby is taking me OUT TO DINNER for my birthday - although it's one day late - but then who's counting when you get to spend time together at the steak house!.

No comments:

Post a Comment