Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Baby Quilts and more

Good grief!  How does time fly by so???  I've been sewing almost every day - it is my therapy, you know.  So much of life has passed by since I've written a blog.  Instead of "should-ing" myself, I'm simply going to move on.

We have babies coming!  And these babies will NEVER be able to say they had to want for a quilt! or a wall hanging or bibs or burp cloths or anything else I can think of!

Here's a little wall hanging for Stefani's baby - due the end of September:

The baby's room is decorated in animals - especially owls - but Stefani liked this wall hanging kit and it's completed!  So sweet!  I hope she and Jon will enjoy having it and I love the blessings!!

Then, today, this top is finished - on to adding vines and leaves to the borders and then quilting it.  It's really sweet and I was able to practice my applique skills (buttonhole stitch) with this one.
I saw this one on Pinterest - had to order the pattern!  And, I got to pull out all of my 30's plus the new ones gifted to me by Aurora.....so much fun.  I actually have 2 other 30's fabric tops finished.  I'll be quilting for days!!

Then, here's the last to share today!  This one is called Bloom, designed by Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet.  The fabric is her line, too.  Each of these 20 squares are hand appliqued onto the fabric - oh, how I love that handwork!!  This one, too, is ready for quilting and then I think it will hang on the quilt holder in the family room!

So, that's all for today.  Marcie, note to self, you must keep up this blogging instead of just reading everyone elses (is that a word?) posts!  Otherwise, you'll forget just when you worked on these!!  You go girl!!!!



3 comments: