Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Grand Illusion and string quilt

I've been busy with Nan the last few days as Stefani has been off.  We now, I think, have a helper for when Stefani is gone.  Her name is Brenda and she worked with Stefani today.  We'll see.  Mom normally likes people but once in awhile...  Anyway, it was nice having Stefani back to free up some sewing time.  The last few days, sewing time has been stolen away in little spurts!

Grand Illusion is not a finished top.  I think it's rather busy and I'm glad I didn't make it scrappy ....instead choosing to use one fabric of each color.  I'll be putting the backing fabric together soon and then on to the quilting!!

As you can see by these photos, Beau LOVES to "rest" himself right in the middle of my quilts.  I need to make him a scrappy quilt, too.  He seems to love color almost as much as I do...I wonder if dogs aren't supposed to be color blind??

Yesterday's sewing time was really productive!  I took left over pieces of batting, sorted them by kinda size, and then sewed them all together into larger pieces.  Hopefully, I'll be able to use these "new" large pieces when I'm quilting the 7 tops I have to do!!!  A new goal for before I begin new projects.  Of course, that won't happen as you see here:

This is the newest string quilt, done with those black/white fabrics with turquoise as the accent centers.  I love it!  I'm not sure just who will get this one, we'll see.  I may put it in my Etsy store first for awhile.  I wish these photos showed the contrast better - the centers are stunning, using a variety of white on whites, the more the merrier.

I started another of these today, with pink in the center.  It'll be going to my friend Sharon.  She gifted most of the black and white fabrics plus some additional ones to me when she decided she wasn't going to quilt anymore.  I think it only fitting she receives one of the string quilts too..????  She's a Mary Kay lady so her centers are going to be PINK!!

Back to work now, I need to give Nan a feed and hopefully get her up from her afternoon nap.

1 comment:

  1. Both of your quilts are beautiful! I agree that making the grand illusion quilt scrappy would have been way too busy! I love the string quilt! It is simple yet very elegant.

    ReplyDelete